At the turn of the 20th century there were three stores of great note in Newark. Bamberger’s, Hahne’s and L.S. Plaut “The Beehive”. Located between the Morris Canal, now Raymond Blvd., and Cedar Street it occupied an entire block. The current building on the site was built in 1924 for the Kresge Department Store. The fob pictured here celebrated L.S. Plaut’s golden anniversary in 1920. In less than four years the store would be gone both literally and figuratively.