250th Anniversary- 1916 Invitation to Founder’s Day Ceremonies at Old First Church

250 anniversary inviteThe Committee of 100, who coordinated the 1916 anniversary celebration, opened the festivities in May 1916 with a ceremony at the Newark founder’s mother church – Old First Presbyterian Church. Most probably,  due to the limited seating capacity of “Old First” the amount of attendees was not large. It is interesting to note that some of the later events, such as the pageant in Weequahic Park, involved thousands of participants.

Leave a Reply