This view of Roseville’s main intersection at the beginning of the 20th century clearly shows a busy and well defined commercial district in the heart of Roseville- Newark’s first suburb. Well into the 1950’s this commercial strip offered everything from movies to ice cream. With the coming of Route 280 and the partial demolition of the Orange Street corridor and the surrounding neighborhood the street went into a decline. Although greatly reduced in size, the Orange Street commercial district continues to serve the residents of Roseville.
As of today January 25, 2016 the three brick buildings depicted in the post card are still standing. The only building that has been replaced is the frame building with the porch. That structure was replaced by a substantial branch of The National Newark Banking Company and is now a pharmacy.