Occupying an entire city block on the east side of Elizabeth Avenue between Concord and East Peddie Streets is the former L. Bamberger Delivery Service Building.
Turner Constructor magazine featured the building in its November 1925 edition. “Designed by Abbott Merkt & Co., architects. The new service station is two stories, mezzanine and partial basement in height, size approximately 200′ x 500′, having approximately 185,000 sq. ft. of area.” The one page article is illustrated by a photo – “the interior shipping section showing how packages are distributed from the conveyor belt system to bins” and an illustration – ” cross section diagram of the service station showing the layout of the conveyor systems and bins.”
The post card is contemporary with the opening of the building. The photograph of the delivery parked beside the building on the Concord Street side was also taken when the building was new. The photographer ,C. F. Rottmann, has at least one photograph in the permanent collection of the Brooklyn Public Library.