The Halsey Street Methodist Church was founded in 1808. In 1852 they dedicated the Church seen on this paperweight. It was demolished in 1952 and was turned into a parking lot now used by Rutger’s Law School. Looking at old maps it appears that there was a cemetery behind the church in what is now the center the parking lot. One can only hope that the graves were not just covered over as has happened so often in Newark.