This photo view of 124 North 5th Street was mailed in April 1908. The solid, shingle clad home was nicely designed and fit in well with its neighbors which were probably constructed around the same time. Roseville, although within the city limits, was Newark’s first suburb. In 1908 it was a thriving community and a very desirable place to live. This was a house a working man could aspire to, and did. The section of map from the 1926 Robinson’s Atlas of Newark, included here, shows the house and it’s environs which includes two mansions immediately to the south, one of which is visible. The site of the house is now part of the Route 280 corridor.