What today is known as PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) was originally known as the Hudson & Manhattan Railroad . Later it was simply referred to as the H&M or Hudson Tubes . The H&M began operation in 1908 and by 1911 the line was extended to Newark. The terminal was located where Saybrook Place met Center Street although it was called the Park Place Station. In 1935, the H&M was moved to Newark’s new Pennsylvania Station. The NJPAC has absorbed the site of the first terminal.
The snapshot of the map was taken from the 1926 Robinson’s Atlas of Newark. The lively post card is probably around the same age as the map.