The Eighth Avenue Methodist Church

This post card of the Eighth Avenue Methodist Church was created around 1905. Founded on June 6,1848 the church was located 76 Eighth Avenue on the corner of John Street. The church, John Street and that segment of Eighth Avenue vanished when the old First Ward was demolished for urban renewal in the early 1950’s. The site of the church would be approximately in the center of the parking lot of the Pavilion Apartments.IMG_4829MA30023500-0001

Leave a Reply